Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Brain Dump: Proceed at your own Risk

Haven't time for a full-blown entry (sorry, but there's a reason time is the x-factor in ANY plot encountered in life), but I need a brain-dump before I embark on profound analysis of Wordsworth.
So here goes, in the self-centered mien of "The Prologue":
-I don't read enough any more.  I recognize, and have for some time, that reading and the excess of it that I did got me here, and I need to pay tribute to the muses of my scholarship.  Sacrificing a kitten, although it would be fun, is generally frowned upon in contemporary society as means of placating muses: perhaps my roommate will work instead...  Or I could just get this time managment monkey off my back and grit my teeth and read a book.  A good book.  Still haven't finished "Hitchhikers'."
- I wonder what a human finger would look like after being deep-fried?  Would the tendons all contract and turn it into a curled, shriveled thing, like a jumbo shrimp?  Or would it stay extended, more like a bony hot dog?  Would the fingernail fall off?  Hmmmm...
- I helped put out a grease fire this weekend.  I'm sorry, did I say one?  I meant THREE.  This weekend was Deli Haus, an event Senior Haus throws every year to pay homage to the Deli Haus that went defunct on Newbury Street, where punk music blared and waitresses bitched at the customers.  So, we flood the basement with red light, dress as skanky, mean waitresses, and
 cook up greasy, heart-stoppin' goodness--some of which catches on fire.  THREE times.  It happens every year, according to Eric Fogg, verteran of no less than seven Deli Hauses, but we actually had the fire alarm go off this year, summonning the friendly firemen and cheery campus police officers, who responded to the stovetop smothered with fry grease and singed baking soda by graciously pulling it from the wall and affixing a scrawled note, on official "Cambridge Police" watermaked stationary, that asked us kindly to "DO NOT USE."  Good times.  We unwound that night by playing "I can drink more lemon juice than you" in the 4th WAR lounge.
- I despise Chemistry.  And it despises me.
- Rice wine, I have discovered, makes a stir fry.
- Never understimate the meal-type versatility of cereal.
- Parachute cord= not just for parachutes!
- I will use either blank or graph-ruled notebooks next semester-- lined paper is beginning to hurt my eyes...
- The internet is tubes.
- Why do fools fall in love?
-Does alphabet soup have the same thrill for illiterate folk?
- YouTube has its practical uses.
- British Parliment is much more fun than American Congress.
- FESTIVUS is coming!  Run and hide!
And now for soemthing completely different:
The Stata Center
An Architectural Brain-Dump

No comments: